• FEATURES
  • PRICING
  • MARKETPLACE
  • CASE STUDIES
  • BLOG
  • Assigning the location for some samples

Hello,

I need some help in assigning the location for some samples.
    When I made the Collection Protocol, I have configured the “storage location” as “manual”, but when I try to assign the location, I see that at the storage position is written “virtually located” and I cannot do anything to change this.

Thank you

Radu

Hi @Radu_Zonda,

I checked the screenshot you sent to Poornima. In the container pop up, could you please check under the dropdown if it shows any other container with available positions (It shows top five significant containers for that specimen under dropdown) or you can type in the container name if its known to you. Other option is use container tree icon where you can manually look for the required container from list of all containers.

Thanks,
    Sonal

Hello, Sonal
    I tried to assign the location using both of these methods: the button that displays the position for the selected container
    and the button that selects the position from hierarchical view and it’s not working. Am I doing something wrong or it may be a problem with the system?

For example, if I use the tree button, I see the position I’d like to assign the position but I cannot select it. Is it another way to assign the position of the sample in the container?

Radu

The issue must be with the way the containers has been set up. From container map pop-up, it shows the list of containers which can hold that type of specimen but as those container can hold other containers it is showing ‘full’ container list. From tree it will not allow to select the position under containers due to restrictions.

Please refer to the below link about the container restrictions, update your container set up acccordingly and try it again.

https://catissueplus.atlassian.net/wiki/display/CAT/Admin+Setup#AdminSetup-ContainerRestrictions

Hello, Sonal,
    Thank you for helping me.
    I checked the properties of the containers and I tried again. I’ve got this error: “Submission failed since a Specimen Position with the same already exist”

I’ve attached a printscreen:

Hi @Radu_Zonda,

The same issue was reported by one other adopter(link), they were using MySQL. Which database you are using?

If you are using MySQL, then this issue might be because of the DataBase engine settings. The engine setting required for OpenSpecimen is “INNODB”.

For database configuration please refer OpenSpecimen wiki page

Changing engine settings will resolve this error.

~Nitesh

Hi @Radu_Zonda, forgot to mention that after making these changes, you also need to restart the DB server.

~Nitesh

Hi, Nintesh
    Thank you for your help. Unfortunately I couldn’t make it work. I will try a clean install. Using InnoDB from the beginning, may be will help.

Radu

Hello,
    I have installed OpenSpecimen 1.0 (clean) and now I’m able to assign the location. This problem is solved.

Great! Thanks for updating us. Will you be starting to use OpenSpecimen on production soon?

-Poornima