• FEATURES
  • PRICING
  • MARKETPLACE
  • CASE STUDIES
  • BLOG
  • Community Driven OpenSpecimen Call

Greetings Community Members

We are reaching out to see if there’s an interest in a community driven conference call for OpenSpecimen seeing that the monthly users call for the United States was cancelled. This is a great opportunity to discuss issues and topics that are important to you. We’d like to host this event and would like feedback on what topics you would want to discuss. We are looking at some time around June for our first call. If interested, please respond by leaving a comment below or email us at biobankhelp@wustl.edu no later than May 1st. When responding please leave your name, email, and any topics you would like to discuss. We’ll get back to you with a date/time and call in number.

Thank you
    Washington University Biobank Team

Our site would join in!
    Halley Cote
    halley.cote@bcchr.ca
    BC Children’s Hospital Research Institute

1 Like

We would be interested as well.
    Rachael Morrison
    rachael.morrison@umassmed.edu
    I need to think about some topics.
    Thanks!

1 Like

+1 from University of Utah

1 Like

We would join in, thank you

1 Like

Thanks everyone! We will be in contact with a date and time for the call. As you think of topics you want to discuss, please post them here.

Weill Cornell Medical College is interested in joining as well.
    David Kraemer
    dak3004@med.cornell.edu
    I can forward it to the rest of my team to join as well, if that’s alright?

1 Like

I would be interested in a monthly users call.
    Kenneth Watanabe, PhD
    Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University
    kenneth.a.watanabe@emory.edu

1 Like

Hi Dr. Ken

Great to have you join us! I have you down on the list. As soon as we have a date and time, I will pass that along.

Lee

Hi all

This is the last call to sign up for the Community Driven OpenSpecimen call. It will be held on June 18th noon CST. I will be emailing details of the call this week. If you have any topics you would like to put on the agenda, please reply to this thread or email biobankhelp@wustl.edu.

Thanks
    Lee

Hi Lidia

Do you have an email I can send the invite to?

Lee

HI, PLEASE ADD ME TO MONTHLY CALLS PLEASE .Thank you in advance .LIDIA

Hi Lidia

What is your email address?

Lee

rory.deshano@nih.gov

Thank you to everyone who attended the OpenSpecimen Community Conference Call. Please see below for follow up questions and preliminary agenda for the next meeting. We are looking at hosting these calls every 3 months, so stay tuned for the next date announcement. If you have anything you would like to add to the agenda, please email us at biobankhelp@wustl.edu.

Topics Discussed:

Project Tracker demo

Extending jobs module

Follow Up Questions:

How is skip logic implemented in forms? Is it customized or available out of the box in forms ?

Skip logic is available in the Community Edition of OpenSpecimen. Skip logic is defined via XML, so you will need to export the form, edit via XML, then import back into OpenSpecimen. For more information, please see the OpenSpecimen User’s Manual: https://openspecimen.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CAT/pages/87299950/How+to+set+control+skip+logic+in+custom+forms

We intend to host a future community meeting detailing this process.

Can you share xml for the Main project form with skip logic ?

MainProjectFormV2.xml (6.5 KB)

How to manage the Projects for different sites?

Our initial roll out will be for one site. Different site management for Projects will be addressed in future iterations of Project Tracker.

Why does ADRC have multiple sites?

The ADRC team has multiple sites across our campus. They share a collection protocol across all sites. Some sites are only collection sites and others are repositories where specimens are processed and stored. Each site handles specific specimen types based on their core focus.

What is the use of the type field in Sites? What is the difference between Repository and Collection Site and Laboratory in Sites?

There is no logic attached to the site types.

For reference, there are four types you can assign to a site.

Collection Site - specimen is collected

Laboratory - specimen can be collected and processed but not stored

Not Specified

Repository - specimen can be collected, processed and stored

Agenda for next meeting:

Infrastructure, migration and releases

Legacy data upload

Form Skip Logic

Thank you and please let me know if you have any additional questions.