• FEATURES
  • PRICING
  • MARKETPLACE
  • CASE STUDIES
  • BLOG
  • OpenSpecimen RC2 and RC3 post deploy JDBC Exception

Dear Poornima,

We have trouble post deploy OpenSpecimen RC2 and RC3. The deploy went smoothly, however when we login and it seems we are unable to add site/collection protocol. This problem was not found when we deploy the previous versions of OpenSpecimen. I have also fixed the database engine problem this time.

The deployment environment (JBoss, Mysql, Ant) is the same as RC1, and error log of the instance is showing that hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter - Could not enlist in transaction on entering meta-aware object!

The error log is attached here: catissue.log (43.7 KB)

Thanks,
    Yue

Hello Yue,

Sorry about the error, we will look into this and get back to you shortly. Thanks for the log, that will help us.

To confirm, you did a fresh installation or deployed on top of RC1? Can you also please confirm the properties are correct the way you had specified for RC1 especially the DB properties.

Thanks,
    Poornima

Hi Poornima,

I did two fresh installation with RC2 and RC3. As for the DB, I use mysql 5.1.73. The change I made was on the my.cnf file, two of the following lines added from the default distribution:
    lower_case_table_names=1
    default-storage-engine=innodb

Thanks for your help.

Thanks
    Yue

Yue,

It does not seem like the complete log file. Can you zip and attach the whole file? If its too big, email it to us directly.

~Sri

Hi Sri and Poornima,

Thank very much for your quick response. Sent you an email with regard to the server settings and error log.

Thanks
    Yue

Hi Yue,

This is a very weird issue which no one has reported before. We have checked the server log and found that its giving below error on server startup:

“Unable to set localhost. This prevents creation of a GUID. Cause was: catussie.xstudio.net.au: catussie.xstudio.net.au
    java.net.UnknownHostException: catussie.xstudio.net.au: catussie.xstudio.net.au”

The solution for this is to set the host name into the hosts file. like:

Linux/Unix >> environments/etc/hosts

If this doesn’t solve the problem, please give me the rwx(read, write, execute) privileges on that machine so that I can try out other options.

~Nitesh

Hi Nitesh,

Thanks very much for your kindly help. I have changed the etc/host and add the hostname to the line 127.0.0.1. That fixed the issue!!!

Again thanks heaps for your help! You guys are amazing!

Cheers,
    Yue