• FEATURES
  • PRICING
  • MARKETPLACE
  • CASE STUDIES
  • BLOG
  • Site Drop Down Lists

When collecting samples, should the site drop down only display sites that are of type collection site? At the moment repository and laboratory sites are also included in the list of sites to select from.

Also similar applies in containers, should the parent site only show sites that are of type storage?

Hi @Matthew_Lyon,

The site dropdown will show all the sites irrespective of the type. The dropdown site type is not used in any business logic in OpenSpecimen.

Thanks,
    Neha

What I’m trying to mention is I think the site dropdowns should be filtered by the type. We are starting to build up a large number of collection sites, but when your in containers for example, I see all the collection sites which are not relevant, I’m only interested in seeing our storage sites. This just results in a much larger site list than what it needs to be,

Perhaps sites being filtered by the type could be a configuration setting which could be turned on or off depending on people’s needs?

Hi @Matthew_Lyon

The intent of having site type was to show relevant sites in drop-downs based on usage. However, we didn’t use this type field for 2 reasons and thought we’ll consider doing it later.

1. In our early days, we were migrating our customers from caTissue to OpenSpecimen. In caTissue, sites were not distinguished as collection site vs repository site.

2. We encountered cases where the same site was both collection and repository.

Related to this, there is another enhancement request - during CP setup, it should be possible to specify the sites from where specimens will be collected and sites where its specimens will be stored. At present, this distinction is not made.

We’ll consider these enhancements together and reopen our discussions on site type.

Thanks for the feedback. We’ll keep you posted on this.

Thanks,
    Vinayak