• FEATURES
  • PRICING
  • MARKETPLACE
  • CASE STUDIES
  • BLOG
  • Start Auto Label from Specific point

Is there a way to have any of the Identifiers (e.g. PPID or Specimen Label) to start from a specific number? For example, for one lab, the samples begin at ID 100000000000 and currently end around 100000002150. If I have been looking into this correctly, would I be able to add a line into the key_seq_generator table in order to accomplish this so that the next specimen created would start with an ID of 100000002151?

Thanks.

Hello @David_Kraemer,

You can use the token %CP_UID(n)% for PPID where n will be 12 in your case. To start from specific number, you are right you need to add an entry in table key_seq_generator with key_value as the collection protocol identifier, key_sequence as ‘99999999999’ and key_type is ‘PPID’. There is no way you can set the higher limit.

You can then use the %PPID% in the specimen label if you want to include this number in specimen label.
    Refer to https://openspecimen.atlassian.net/wiki/x/cgcR for details on available tokens.

Hope this solves your use case.

Thanks,
    Poornima

Hi Poornima,

I don’t see the “key_sequence” field in the key_seq_generator table. Was this field moved to a different location?

Thanks.