• FEATURES
  • PRICING
  • MARKETPLACE
  • CASE STUDIES
  • BLOG
  • Archiving Histology Samples (Blocks and slides)

Hello,

As a new user of Open Specimen I would like to ask if someone can speak a little bit about how they organise their archive using this software for histological samples.

We are in a research setup, so most of the blocks and slides will be related to a specific study, therefore we want to assign a specific site in the archive for each study.

Up to now I’ve been doing 2 similar container types, one for slides, one for blocks, of which, each one of them is divided in 3 categories.
    We decided to call them Tray, Rack and Drawers (with the study name assigned), of which the drawer is where either the slides or blocks will be stored, the rack is the object that holds the drawers and the tray is a stackable object that will contain the racks. This setup seems, until now, robust to do our studies and archive samples properly.

Still if I could hear from more users how they do their containers setup in the software, to get some ideas and improve where we can, I’d be extremely grateful.

With my best wishes,
    Joao P Sousa
    Histology Technician - University of Leicester