• FEATURES
  • PRICING
  • MARKETPLACE
  • CASE STUDIES
  • BLOG
  • Assigning or changing aliquot barcodes

Hi!

When uploading aliquots through Bulk Import Records, is it possible to assign barcodes separately to each aliquot?
    Currently only labels are auto-generated but if I wanted the aliquots to have barcodes, how could I do that?

Also is it possible to change the barcodes of samples (specimens or aliquots) in a bulk operation?
    Currently if I want to change a barcode I have to go to each specimen or aliquot and change them one-by-one.

Thanks in advance!

A.

Hi @Tarbatu,
    #1. When uploading aliquots through Bulk Import Records, is it possible to assign barcodes separately to each aliquot?
    —> Yes, you can bulk update the barcode using a specimen template. Please refer to the attached specimen bulk import file. (specimen.csvspecimen.csv (208 Bytes)
    )
    Note: Before running the specimen update file, enabled the ‘Specimen Barcoding’ in the CP settings. See the below-attached screenshot.

You can refer wiki page here to update any specimen field.

#2. Currently, only labels are auto-generated but if I wanted the aliquots to have barcodes, how could I do that?
    —> Set the “Barcode Format” in the CP settings. It automatically generates barcodes.

#3. Also is it possible to change the barcodes of samples (specimens or aliquots) in a bulk operation?
    Currently, if I want to change a barcode I have to go to each specimen or aliquot and change them one-by-one.

Yes, Please refer #1.

Thanks,
    Tushar

Hi @tushar_tajane,

Thank you I was able to update the existing aliquots with the file.
    Is the file available from the ‘Download Template File’?

What is the best way to import older projects that have barcodes for aliquots?
    Is it:

1. Import ‘Master Specimens’
    2. Import ‘Specimen Aliquots’
    3. Update aliquot barcodes?

Or is there a way how to have fewer imports?

Thank you!

A.

Hi @Tarbatu,

Yes, it is possible to download the ‘Specimens template’ by following the steps mentioned in ‘Specimens CSV’ wiki page.

Make sure you select ‘Specimens’ as the record type before you click on ‘Download Template File’.

The same template can be used to update barcodes for older projects as well.

Thanks,
    Swapnil I.