• FEATURES
  • PRICING
  • MARKETPLACE
  • CASE STUDIES
  • BLOG
  • Better way to record freezing times

Seeking OS community viewpoint on HMRI (www.hmri.org.au) proposal to add Freezing time to main data collection page.

If your institution stores frozen tissue or blood products this may help. Happy to set up a conference call to discuss the issue.

Peter MacIsaac peter.macisaac@hmri.org.au +61411403462

Details below cross posted from Technical Discussion

Issue: For our blood product repository we store frozen plasma aliquots and there are KPIs around time to process and freeze specimens, along with quality issues if speciimens are not frozen appropriately.

Current functionality: It is possible to create a freezing event associated with aliquots that provides a place record freezing time, however this is done after the processing of specimens in the CP form

Primary Proposal: To add freezing time at the derivative product level in the form and have this default to all alliquots created from the derivative. The time is entered once and on the main screen.

Secondary Proposal: Freezing time is just one of several data items on the Freeze Event form. Having a button/icon on the derivative and aliquot level to create, add to or edit the Freeze Event form would reduce time to manage this key functions.

For further information; Peter M peter.macisaac@hmri.org.au
    Poornima G. poornima.govindrao@krishagni.com

This would definitely be a desirable feature for the Victorian Cancer Biobank. Currently, we work around this by treating the “Processing Event Time” as time Plasma frozen - of course, this only captures one time point - to capture time frozen for each derivative would be ideal, as described in the above Primary Proposal.

Kind Regards,
    Caroline

Caroline,

If you can forward me your contact details I might organise a session with those interested in this feature to compare notes and requirements.

Peter MacIsaac
    HMRI
    peter.macisaac@hmri.org.au

From a development standpoint, the way we would like to implement this is:

Let people configure the specimen collection page at a CP level. I.e. based on which fields are important for that CP. Of course, this is going to lot of more efforts than adding a few specific fields based on a specific client needs.

The other complication here could be that you might want different fields for diff types of samples. Like DNA vs blood vs plasma.

Once @Peter_MacIsaac completes the discussions with all, we would be happy to talk to the interested parties so that they can divide the cost of development. We can make a v3.4.1 release with this feature.

~Sri

Srikanth,

Once we have a few organisations interested in working on this, we will need to include the Krishangi OpenSpecimen architecture and application experts in the discussions as well. So far we have a group from Auckland and one from Victorian Cancer Biobank who have expressed interest.

I am waiting for contact details to arrange a webconference and will include Poornima and yourself in the discussion if that is ok

Peter

Web meeting to discuss this proposal - all welcome

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
    https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/398650494
    You can also dial in using your phone.
    Australia : +61 2 8014 4935
    Access Code: 398-650-494
    First GoToMeeting? Try a test session: http://help.citrix.com/getready