• FEATURES
  • PRICING
  • MARKETPLACE
  • CASE STUDIES
  • BLOG
  • Bulk update of custom fields not working

I have some custom fields that are not responding to a bulk update. The import is “successful” after checking, but the new values are not recorded (the old values remain after import). Other fields that were not created through a form will update. I can change the value on a case by case level as well.

Any ideas? Has anyone come across this issue before?

Joshua,
    I have not had any problems with bulk upload of custom fields on either the participant or specimen tables. At least no problems that were not my fault.
    Please provide additional information.
    Which table are you performing the bulk upload on?
    Are you exporting from one instance of OpenSpecimen and bulk importing into another instance? If so, do the custom fields have the same name between the two instances? Are the form names the same? Are the versions of OpenSpecimen the same?
    How many custom fields are we talking about?
    Does it work with some fields but not others?
    Did it work before and then stopped working?
    Which version of OpenSpecimen are you using?
    Dr. Ken

Please provide additional information.
    Which table are you performing the bulk upload on? Specimen
    Are you exporting from one instance of OpenSpecimen and bulk importing into another instance? If so, do the custom fields have the same name between the two instances? Are the form names the same? Are the versions of OpenSpecimen the same? No, using the same .csv file used for creation of specimen, but imported as an “update” with new data in certain fields
    How many custom fields are we talking about?4
    Does it work with some fields but not others?“update” works with all fields that come with the software, but not the custom fields created through a form
    Did it work before and then stopped working? this is the first time I have tried updating these fields, the original import of this data during the creation of new specimens works fine, it is the update that does not go through
    Which version of OpenSpecimen are you using? v5.0.1.RC1

Can you provide a copy of your bulk import file, a screen shot of the form details and a screen shot of the level the form is assigned?
    Attached are examples of the screen shots: