• FEATURES
  • PRICING
  • MARKETPLACE
  • CASE STUDIES
  • BLOG
  • /conf/openspecimen.properties file not found

I am attempting to install from the github repo. The build seems OK and gradle will deploy, but something is being left out during configuration. I checked the entries in build.properties and it has the correct entry of:
    app_home=/usr/local/tomcat

There is no openspecimen.properties file in the source code, so I assume it must be created during the build process, but I cannot find one in the file system after the build is finished.

Any help is appreciated.

Lance Smith

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (com.krishagni.catissueplus.core.init.AppProperties).
    log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
    log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig for more info.
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: /conf/openspecimen.properties (No such file or directory)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.open(FileInputStream.java:195)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.(FileInputStream.java:138)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.(FileInputStream.java:93)
    at com.krishagni.catissueplus.core.init.AppProperties.loadExternalConfig(AppProperties.java:170)
    at com.krishagni.catissueplus.core.init.AppProperties.loadProperties(AppProperties.java:112)
    at com.krishagni.catissueplus.core.init.AppProperties.(AppProperties.java:63)
    at com.krishagni.catissueplus.core.init.AppProperties.getInstance(AppProperties.java:106)
    at com.krishagni.catissueplus.core.init.AppServletContextListener.contextInitialized(AppServletContextListener.java:46)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:5141)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5664)
    at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:145)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:1017)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:993)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:652)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:1127)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:2020)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

I am also seeing this error.

Note: Our site had to make some very minor modifications to get OpenSpecimen to use SSL for connections from user to Tomcat and Tomcat to MySql. In other words, we have to build it ourselves from the GitHub repo.

I was able to do this just fine with 4.x but I am now trying to replicate this custom build with 5.x and hitting this same error.

Anyone figure this out?

Having the same issue. Trying to setup a fresh install of the latest version.

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /conf/openspecimen.properties (No such file or directory)

I was able to get version 4.3.3 running fine after a lot of trail and error. It seems version 5.0 upwards has the above error. Has anyone been able to successfully compile version 5 from source without the above error?

Starting 5.0.2, there are some changes to the deployment steps. Please refer to the page for details: https://openspecimen.atlassian.net/wiki/x/AYBIEQ

~Sri

Hi Sri,

I’ve placed the ‘openspecimen.properties’ file in the correct location but the application still throws the above error.

I’ve read through the link provided but there doesn’t seem to be much else apart from put the file in $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/ directory which we have done.

Can I confirm if you have been able to successfully build version 5+ of this application from source?

I am having the same error in 5.1 upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1. Has anyone figured out?

Hi,

@Mathew_Eley - The documentation also says to add a new ‘Environment’ tag to the context.xml file:-

<Environment
    name=“config/openspecimen”
    value="$TOMCAT_DIR/conf/openspecimen.properties"
    type=“java.lang.String”/

Maybe you missed this step.

I can confirm I have 5.1.0 running.

John

@jennifercai

Hi

I’m having the same issue with 5.2 even after adding

<Environment
    name=“config/openspecimen"