• FEATURES
  • PRICING
  • MARKETPLACE
  • CASE STUDIES
  • BLOG
  • Specimen Label Print Tokens - Specimen_Container Hierarchy

Is it possible to print the “Specimen_Container Hierarchy” in the specimen label?

What I actually wanted to do is to print label for a box (specimen container) such that it tells me where to put the box e.g. in freezer 1, shelf 2 and rack 3. I believe Openspecimen does not print label for specimen containers. However, I think a viable work-around would be to print a label for a (any) specimen in a specimen container and use it as the label for the container. But the work-around would only work if I can print the Specimen_Container Hierarchy.

Many thanks.

Recently,we were also looking for tokens for the container locations for specimen. We wanted to include those on our labels as well.

@Samuel_Leung V5.2 supports container printing. Though we do not support container hierarchy, it is expected that you will name your boxes in a way it is self evident. E.g. F1_R1_B1 would be Freezer 1, Rack 1, Box 1.

@Michele_Park It is not a good idea to include container location in specimen label since you will have to reprint the label if you move the specimen from one box to another. It is it still a need, you can add a support ticket and we will support it in the next release.