Most biobanks struggle with improving “utilization ratios” of their collections. The utilization ratio is the ratio of the specimen collected vs. distributed - which is critical for a biobank “sustenance.”
OpenSpecimen’s SpecimenCatalog helps with sharing biospecimen data with researchers.
It provides an easy-to-use interface for researchers to look for specimens of interest and submit requests. Catalogs can be created based on various conditions such as specimen type, pathological conditions, clinical diagnosis, etc.
- Create multiple Catalogs - based on diseases and research needs
- Control access to the Catalog through the login
- Manage/Track specimen requests by various researchers
- Download reports for the specimen requests
- Can be shared with researchers who do not have OpenSpecimen
For more details, read our latest blog here.