Here is your monthly curated pick of biobanking news, jobs, and events from across the globe.
We have two major announcements to make.
First of all, we are now “SOC2 Type 1” certified. SOC2 is the defacto standard in security and compliance certifications. We are now working on the “SOC2 Type 2” certification in the first half of 2022.
Secondly, we ended 2021 on a happy note by adding many new customers across the globe. Please read our year-end report below for more details.
We hope you will find this newsletter enriching and valuable. Please do let us know your feedback on improving it.
- Announcement: OpenSpecimen achieves SOC 2 Type 1 certification
- OpenSpecimen: 2021 Year-end update on new customers
- New Blog: The ethics of data sharing and biobanking
- U California Biobank finds no evidence of COVID-19 virus transmission through breastfeeding
- Michigan State University’s study could help predict a deadly pregnancy complication
- NYU Biorepository: Elevated Alzheimer biomarkers in COVID-19 patients
- Key achievements of Victorian Cancer Biobank (Melbourne) in 2020-21
- New program a $1.5 million boost for Western Australian biobanking
- UK Biobank: Study examines complex interactions shaping the myopia epidemic
- Newcastle University (UK) Biobank to store specimens for rarest cancers
- Biobank Graz (Austria) shows a strong immune response against SARS-CoV-2
- Research Programmer II – Keck School of Medicine of USC, USA
- Special Scientist, Nurse – University of Cyprus
- Research Associate I – Biobank & Pathology – Cedars-Sinai, USA
- Biobank Technician – Azenta Life Sciences, USA
- Research Program Manager – University of Kentucky, USA
- Microbiome forensic biobanking: A step toward microbial profiling for forensic human identification
- It is not a big deal: a qualitative study of clinical biobank donation experience and motives
- FIND’s DxConnect virtual biobank connects diagnostic researchers to clinical samples
- Harmonization of biobank education for biobank technicians: Identification of learning objectives
- Association for Clinical Data Management Annual Conference: Mar 13-15 (Scotland)
- ISBER Annual Meeting & Exhibits: May 16-20 (USA)
- Nordic Biobanking Conference: Sep 6–8 (Sweden)
How did you like this edition? What else would you like to see? Do you have a story or a news item for the Biobanking community? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org