Here is your monthly curated pick of biobanking news, jobs, and events from across the globe. We hope you will find this enriching and valuable. Please do let us know your feedback on how we can improve this newsletter.
We wish you a very happy 2023 and great health! 2022 has been very special for OpenSpecimen. From getting some of the leading biobanks on board to conducting two successful OSCON events (USA and Australia) after the pandemic.
Watch this short video to see the highlights of OpenSpecimen achievements in 2022.
To mark the new year we have launched a new podcast series “Wizards of Biobanking”. We will interview some renowned biobank experts to share their knowledge and experience about various aspects of biobanking. We hope you like the first episode of our podcast. Let us know your feedback on how you like it.
Click here to watch the first episode of the podcast by the ORIGINS Biobank, Telethon Kids.
- OpenSpecimen in News: ILRI, Uganda biobank uses OpenSpecimen to manage livestock samples data
- Wizards of Biobanking Podcast: The ORIGINS Project, Telethon Kids
- OpenSpecimen 2022 Highlights
- New tutorial video: How to perform bulk operations via CSV import?
- OpenSpecimen v9.1 Released!
- VUMC’s biobank BioVU reaches a milestone of 300,000 biospecimens
- University of Michigan to build biorepository of genetic data for future research
- Simon Fraser University-led biobank aims to save west coast kelp forests
- Saudi Arabia launches national biobank
- Tata Medical Center and IIT, Kharagpur launch India’s first cancer imaging biobank
- Stem Cell Banking: Current trends, benefits, emerging issues and challenges
- How can cryoconservation save earth’s species from extinction?
- Implementing QMS to guarantee the quality of biospecimen collection
- Cold preservation of human hepatocytes with high viability
- Next Generation Biobanking: Robotic system for automated mononuclear cell isolation
- Research Technician – M. D. Anderson Cancer Center
- Translation Research Coordinator – Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Research Program Coordinator Psychiatry – Boston Medical Center
- Assistant Academic Research Scientist; Pediatrics – Emory University
- Research Analyst – University of Miami
- Research Coordinator II – University of Minnesota
- ISBER 2023 Annual Meeting & Exhibits – May 3-6, 2023, Seattle, USA
- Europe Biobank Week 2023 – April 25–28 – Bologna Congress Center, Italy
- IBS 2023 Annual Conference & Exhibition – Feb 23-24, 2023, Delhi, India
How did you like this edition? What else would you like to see? Do you have a story or a news item for the Biobanking community? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.