Here is your monthly curated pick of biobanking news, jobs, and events from across the globe. We hope you will find this enriching and valuable. Please do let us know your feedback on how we can improve this newsletter.
After three years gap, we conducted a successful ‘OpenSpecimen Annual Community Meet’ in the USA on 19-20th Sept. Around 45+ end-users from 20+ organizations got together to discuss what’s new, feedback, and pain points and have some fun.
Packed with various workshops, user training sessions, and presentations by some of our largest customers, the event was a huge hit. We will be sharing the highlights soon.
“Thanks so much for taking the time and effort to put this conference together. I appreciated the opportunity to speak at OSCON22 and thought the conference was incredibly useful and informative. What you have done with OpenSpecimen is very impressive.”
~ Prof. Mark Watson, Washington University School of Medicine
Registrations are open for our upcoming ‘OpenSpecimen Users Community Meet’ in Australia on Oct 18th. Click here for details and the agenda.
- OpenSpecimen v9.1 Release (Release notes)
- OpenSpecimen Community Meet (Australia): Perth - Oct 18th
- Recent Webinar Recording: Performing Bulk Operations
- UMC Utrecht goes live with OpenSpecimen
- University of Cincinnati to learn causes of cardiac arrest through biorepository
- UCLA ATLAS Precision Health Biobank to advance personalized and precision medicine
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center establish state-of-the-art automated biobanking system
- Westmead Hospital to establish blood collections from hypercholesterolemia patients
- Alliance MCED Biobank (NIH) study will contribute to detect multiple types of cancer
- Nigeria Centre for Disease Control launches biorepository
- Biobank Personnel — The key to its success
- Establishing the first COVID-19 convalescent plasma biobank in Jordan
- Freezing for the future: Brazilian cerrado germplasm bank
- Clinical Research Associate: Baylor College of Medicine
- Assistant Research Scientist: University of Iowa
- Research Technician I: University of Arizona
- Research Associate II: UTMB Health, Texas
- Data Analyst: University of Oxford
- OSCON22 (Australia): Oct 18th - (Perth)
- Australian Biospecimen Network Association Conference: Oct 19-21- (Perth)
- Interactive Online Conference (Sourcing Biospecimens for Industry R&D)- Oct 25
How did you like this edition? What else would you like to see? Do you have a story or a news item for the Biobanking community? Please email us at email@example.com.