• FEATURES
  • PRICING
  • MARKETPLACE
  • CASE STUDIES
  • BLOG
  • Collecting Specimen Issue

When trying to enter multiple specimens at a time and there are some of the same type or description, i.e. body cavity fluid, but have different labels/names, how can one distinguish what they are when moving to the next page (entering storage information)? All you see is the type. Wouldn’t it be better in the label appears and not the type?

Thanks.

Hello Meghan,

Guess you are using OpenSpecimen v2.0. Do you mean ‘Auto’ which comes up for Label in case the label is auto-generated while collecting multiple specimens. Please could you send a screenshot.

Thanks,
    Kruti

You are correct, I am using v2.0. No, this is currently set up for Manual Label. Here are the screenshots. As you can see in the first one you can select “Vaginal Swab 1” and “Vaginal Swab 2.” In the second one, all you see is “Body Cavity Fluid” and nothing to help you distinguish which one is which. I also see these screenshots highlight other questions I had. Why does everything say Virtual when the derivatives should say Manual? The first swab should be virtual and I would think not ask for a storage container location but it does. Any further advice there? Thank you for all the help.

Hello @mmcglo,

The information about the specific swab(as per specimen requirement title set at protocol level) is not displayed in the collection screen. We will log this as an improvement for next version. Only way to figure it is that the order of the specimens is same as defined in the protocol.

About virtual/manual, that information set at protocol level is not really used during collection. During collection, if you choose a container location, it will store in that location. If container location is blank, then the specimen is stored as Virtual(no location). We will remove this information in protocol level in next version.

Thanks,
    Poornima