OpenSpecimen v7.2 is now released with some exciting features, bug fixes, and usability enhancements.
Highlights of v7.2
MySQL 8 support:
Inputs from University of Utah
OpenSpecimen now supports the latest MySQL version. Current users can upgrade to MySQL 8.
Inputs from Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Below are some of the enhancements done in this module:
- Status to track if the participant opened the survey email and form
- Warning if the invitation for the same survey was sent multiple times
- Enhanced survey list page to include additional fields
- Ability to configure survey invitation emails per collection protocol
When there are repeating events in REDCap, OpenSpecimen was creating a single visit under the participant. Now, repeatable events are handled, and corresponding multiple visits are created in OpenSpecimen when data is synched from REDCap. Also, there are enhancements done to optimize large data sync, for example, the first-time sync so that the connection does not close abruptly.
User Management Enhancements:
Inputs from: Washington University
- Ability to send emails to ‘Contact’ type of user
- Regular user’s ability to edit own profile
Inputs from: University of Kansas Medical Center
Support to create a single print rule for multiple specimen types.
Refer to release notes for more information.