We are happy to announce the release of v3.0 with the below features. Refer to https://openspecimen.atlassian.net/wiki/x/FoAsAQ for more details.
Pre-printing labels for rapid data entry
Pre-print specimen labels to save time in specimen collection process.
- View specimens of an entire freezer and not just a box
- View entire hierarchy (Freezer->Rack->Box) in the results view
- Filter based on count of visits and specimens categorized by status to generate statistical reports
- Hyperlinked results to directly go to a record
- Merge duplicate participants along with the visits and specimens
- Add events to bulk of specimens from the user interface
- Performance enhancements - Query results, Container Map
- Export specimen cart
Coming up in v3.1
v3.1 will be released by April 10. The new features will be:
Capture Freeze/Thaw cycles
- Capture the freeze thaw cycles of every specimen which helps to assess the usability of the specimen.
- Automatically calculate the cycles when aliquots are processed
- Capture the workflow of returned specimens from the researchers
- Allocate new storage location and returned quantity
Master bulk import template
- Add specimens with participant and visit in single bulk import
- View subset of aliquots of a parent specimen.
- Query for root specimen fields like collector, ischemia time & processing time without having to create complex temporal or hierarchical conditions.
Rapid Container Replication
- Create whole hierarchy of containers (freezer, racks, boxes, etc) in a single click
- Auto naming of containers
- Automatic reminders to PIs and coordinators if their protocols are about to expire.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested to upgrade to this version.